Director of Development and Communications
May 21, 2021
The Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center seeks a high-performing Director of Development and Communications who will be an active participant on the leadership team and enthusiastic ambassador for the Center. The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for all areas of fundraising and external communications, working closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Department Staff to identify, solicit, and steward donations of all sizes including major and corporate gifts. The Director will oversee and facilitate effective external communication, using comprehensive strategies to promote our mission and brand to multiple audiences.
The Director of Development and Communications will possess philanthropy thought leadership, management experience, and a successful track record of meeting goals. This individual will have experience collaborating across multiple departments and will be willing to act as an ambassador for the Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center to key stakeholders, individual and corporate donors, and community leaders.
The Director will thoughtfully and confidently lead a highly-skilled, three-member development team consisting of:
- Donor Relations Manager
- Development Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator
Candidates for this position should meet the following minimum requirements:
- BA Required
- Minimum of five (5) years of fundraising (including proven performance in significant foundation, capital campaign and/or other high-level donor fundraising.) preferred.
- Knowledge of current trends in the development of annual campaigns (direct mail, online giving events, etc.) and social media desired.
- Minimum of three (3) experience supervising staff preferred.
- Prior experience working with children’s issues, health care and/or advocacy fundraising preferred.
- Significant experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT
- Computer literacy and proficiency with knowledge of Excel, Word, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint necessary, with experience with fundraising databases required
Click here to see the full job description.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to [email protected].